Hi there lovelies!
So, tonight was a double win. Double means two (in case you’re not good with synonyms), and tonight, two was dinner and a movie. You see, often times, something as simple as cooking dinner and going to see a movie with someone you love is the best part of your week; and the mere act of spending time with that loved one simply makes you feel like a better person. Tonight was one of those nights.
And it all began with tacos.
Cheezy Tempeh Tacos
*Cheeze sauce inspired by The Fitnessista
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 organic blue corn taco shells (or 4 organic corn tortillas)
- 1 package tempeh
- 1 cup Daiya cheddar style shreds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- Mild salsa, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. dry, minced garlic
- 3 tsp. cumin
- Turn a small burner to medium heat and combine Daiya, almond milk, minced garlic, and a sprinkle of taco seasoning in the sauce pan.
- Stir the cheeze sauce off and on for 1 minute, for a total of 10 minutes until it looks like this.
- Turn heat down to low, stirring the sauce occasionally.
- On a separate burner, spray a skillet with a good amount of non-stick cooking spray and turn to medium-high heat.
- Put the chopped onion into the skillet. Then, crumble the tempeh with your hands into the skillet.
- Add taco seasoning and cumin.
- Stir the tempeh and spices together until the tempeh begins to brown. After 10 – 15 minutes, turn off the burner.
- Layer tempeh, lettuce, tomato, cheeze sauce and salsa (to taste) into a blue corn taco shell or corn tortilla.
After dinner, Matty and I headed out to the movies. We’ve been wanting to see 50/50 for awhile now and tonight was the perfect opportunity. Halleljuah 4-day weekend!
This movie is so real and personal, and makes you realize that anybody can (and does) go through this. It was hysterical, heartwarming and made me feel grateful to just be alive. As Matty and I were walking out of the theatre hand in hand, we looked at each other and squeezed one another’s hands a bit tighter. Because that, my friends, is what life is about. No matter the odds.
Question of the Day: What was the last thing that happened in your life that made you feel grateful to be alive?
P.S. – The Fashion page was updated today!