I am currently lounging in my sweat pants and sipping a mug of mint green tea with Michael Buble serenading me in the background. Le sigh. Winter break has officially begun! YAY! I’m so excited to not wake up at 5:00 a.m. to study. Oh, it feels so good my friends. This morning, after my last final, I came home with the intent of going on a quick run. Then, it started raining. I took it as a sign that I should take today to rest and recuperate. I actually realized I haven’t taken a rest day in almost a week. Big no no! Instead of working out, I ate. Naturally.
Lunch was consumed at the ripe old time of 11:30 a.m., a weird time for lunch. But my stomach was grumbling so I rolled with it. When I looked in the fridge, leftover Tandoori Mmmm Sauce caught my eye and called my name. Using the sauce as inspiration, I decided to make a pita-wich!
To start, I put a bunch of kale, sliced cherry tomatoes and onion into a big bowl. (Placing ingredients in a big bowl is my favorite way to prep salads or, in this case, a pita-wich filling, because you can evenly coat the veggies without making a mess.) I added Mmmm sauce, nutritional yeast and some guacamole to the veggies.
Then, mixed it all up with a fork!
After mixing the veggies and toppings, I piled it all on into two halved whole wheat pita pockets, served alongside pineapple chunks…and snowman ornament for good measure. Delish!
Goals for Break
I’m a very goal-oriented person. I thrive off of making lists of goals throughout my life because it allows me to stay focused and organized. Between school, work, Mind Body Barre, blogging and the occasional singing gig, I can become so scatterbrained! Lists and goals keep me on track and less stressed. (For some tips, check out my vlog on relieving stress!)
I’m looking forward to tackling goals this winter break, all of which have been on the back-burner because of said above commitments. Here is the list of goals thus far:
- Wake up at 7:00 a.m. to tackle my daily workout. Sundays are a rest day.
- Take care of some serious blogging homework. I love blogging and am semi-savvy at it (heavy on the semi). However, there is still so much I have to learn. I’ll be relying on Katy’s 10-day homework tips to power me through!
- Get my resume, cover letter and reference page ready for my big “leap.” (In case you were wondering, that is your first hint. )
- Teach Mind Body Barre once a week, starting December 31st.
- Practice singing and playing piano for at least one hour a day.
- And most importantly…spend five minutes in quiet with God every day to pray for others and count my blessings.
There you have it! I definitely think these are attainable and I can’t wait to get started. Have a great day!
Question of the Day: DISCUSSION TIME! What goals are you working on/accomplishing? What goals do you want to accomplish?