Um, wow. You guys are beyond amazing. Thank you so much for all of your supportive comments on yesterday’s post. Your words gave me and so many other girls a lot of hope! It also freaked poor Matt out. Ha! Sha ZAM.
#FitVegan Challenge and #PROOF Tanks!
Last night, I participated in the FitFluential #FitVegan Twitter chat with co-host Nora Tobin, NASM certified personal trainer, SHAPE contributor, and volleyball player. It was really great to see so many people interested in becoming vegan and incorporating more plant-based foods into their lifestyle. Nora, myself, and fellow vegans helped a lot of people who were confused, on-the-fence, and overwhelmed. Nothing beats that, really. Click here to read through the chat, if you’d like! Also, as an FYI side note, Nora is hosting the FitVegan Challenge on the FitFluential blog every Tuesday. This week, she provides a great veggie burger recipe, the fit move of the week, and lots of inspiration. Check it out!
In other FitFluential news, the #PROOF gear is here!
I’m so, so, stoked for this. The tank is pink and features the new FitFluential logo on the front in addition to the #PROOF Twitter hash tag on the bag with a mock sweat stain. You can bet your booty I’ve already pre-ordered my tank, and you can too! Just click here. There is also a swanky male t-shirt that you can order here.
Today, I moved onto a biceps/triceps superset workout, again inspired by Laura Bailey’s training program. I really felt the burn today – I haven’t targeted my biceps like this in quite some time! Here’s what my workout looked like:
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Tricep Dips: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Bicep Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Tricep Kickbacks: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Half (Upper) Biceps Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Overhead Tricep Extensions: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Half (Lower) Bicep Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Tricep Push-ups: 3 sets of 15 reps
After a good stretch, I was ready to get on with the day! I’m enjoying this new challenge that I’m giving my body, and I can already tell that rest days will be more-than welcome.
Are you a curry fan? Guys, I really love curry. So much, in fact, that I’m always brainstorming new ways to incorporate the authentic, Indian spice into my life. Sweet potato wedges sprinkled with curry? Check. Curried Mock Chicken Salad? Check. Curry Guacamole?
If your mouth isn’t watering, I feel sorry for you.
All you need are these simple ingredients.
I assume a recipe might help you out too? Yeah, I thought so.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Nada!
- 1 avocado
- 2 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. raw, organic agave nectar
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. garam masala
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, mash one whole avocado.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and lemon juice. Mash and stir with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mash and stir with a fork again.
- For best results, cover the guacamole with plastic wrap and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving. This allows all of the flavors to blend sufficiently.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Powered by Recipage
I served my guacamole on top of some warm black beans, both of which I enjoyed alongside a massaged kale salad with Annie’s Papaya Poppyseed dressing and nutritional yeast. It was the perfect meal and held me over for three hours! If you try this recipe, let me know. Have a beautiful evening!