Well, hello there! It’s another breathtaking day here on the East coast and I can’t help but smile when it’s like this outside. Such gorgeous weather makes the day go by much faster for me. I feel like I’ve been playing catch up all day!
You all have been rockin’ your For the Love of Kale recipes lately! It honestly makes my day when you send/tweet me photos of recipes you’re enjoying from yours truly. You guys rock! Sigh.
Jenn made some Thai Chickpeas in a Peanut Sauce! Looks amazing and love the addition of greens and avocado.
Ali is loving her chocolate protein pudding oats … and a coffee table book that she knew would be right up my alley: love life. Amen to that!
I’d love to see your For the Love of Kale recipes too! Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll post them on the blog!
I worked from home through the morning and, eventually, broke for lunch. Today’s meal was a pleasant mixture of raw and roasted veggies, hummus, and hemp seeds!
The base of this salad was the remainder of the raw spinach left over in my refrigerator. I added a diced roasted sweet potato, roasted Brussels sprouts, and roasted green beans to the salad and topped it off with hummus and hemp seeds. Oh! And can’t forget the sauerkraut. So. good.
After a lovely Skype chat with my dear friend Lisa, I got to work in the kitchen. I wanted to whip up a meal that incorporated my zesty nooch sauce and I came up with something fast, delicious, and easy. It’s full of ingredients I always eat and have on hand but the zesty nooch sauce gives it a new, fun twist!
Zesty Mexi Quinoa Bowl
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (1 – 2 servings)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 2/3 cup roasted broccoli
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 3 Tbsp. salsa
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1-2 tsp. Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and roast broccoli for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook quinoa as directed.
- Once quinoa is cooked, drain it and pour it back into the saucepan.
- Add black beans, avocado, and lime. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine salsa and nutritional yeast to make a zesty nooch sauce. Add the sauce to the saucepan containing the other ingredients.
- Stir well to combine. Add Mrs. Dash seasoning and allow the flavors to combine for a few minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and serve!