Hey guys! I hope you’re all geared up for the #plantPOWER challenge! In case you missed it, Kasey and I created your very own grocery list (see here) so that you can go shopping and have everything you need. The #plantPOWER challenge starts TOMORROW so you still have time to get your groceries!
Kasey’s amazing friend Duncan designed our logo for us. Feel free to repost this image and the one below anywhere and everywhere you’d like – the more people that jump onboard, the better!
Each day has its own theme, so you can post a picture of any meal, mini-meal, or snack that you’d like as long as it is 100% plant-based and ties into the theme of the day. Kasey and I have received a few questions regarding the challenge so let’s clear them up!
Your FAQs Answered
- What does a plant-based diet consist of? A plant-based diet is one that is rich in vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds and free of meat, dairy (including eggs), and honey. If you’re a little lost on where to get started, you can always visit the recipage for easy, healthy, and energizing meals!
- Do I have to go 100% plant-based for the entire month? NOPE! I am vegan so I’ll obviously be following a 100% vegan diet throughout the challenge. Kasey is going to adopt a plant-based diet free of meat, dairy (including eggs), and honey for the entire month of October. You do not have to adopt a 100% plant-based diet. The only meal(s), mini meals, and snacks that we ask to be plant-based are the ones that go along with each daily challenge.
- What do I post with my #plantPOWER meals a day? Post your images with the hashtag #plantPOWER and our twitter handles: @theloveofkale and @Powercakes. Please use the #FitFluential hashtag too!
- How else can I get involved? We want YOU to be a part of this! Feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kasey (email@example.com) any plant-based recipes that you’ve created and we would love to feature them on our blogs throughout the challenge!
- What kinds of giveaways will be happening? There is a powerhouse of giveaways in store for you. Kasey and I are so jealous that we can’t join in! We’ve got Perfect Fit protein powder from the Tone It Up girls, Attune Foods Buckwheat & Hemp cereal, Real Food Barres, Almond Breeze, vegan Shakeology from Kelly Hanner, and Pure Canada Maple Syrup!
- How can I win? Participate! Share the #plantPOWER love as much as you can and you’re automatically entered to win. The more you share, the more likely you are to win!
- Anything else? HAVE FUN! This is not a weight loss challenge or a competition. It’s just an outlet for all of us to connect and share the plant-based love together. LET’S DO IT!
And here we are to talk a bit about the challenge…as if you weren’t already sick of us! Shout out to Matty for putting the vlog together! Best boyfriend award.