So, last night, we went out and experienced what we thought would be our final night in Las Vegas.
Joke’s on us! Thanks to Hurricane Sandy, we’re stranded in Vegas for the next couple of days. So, life could be worse. That being said, it’s super expensive to do anything out here so we’re all a little on edge. The hold time to reschedule our flight is about two hours long, so I’m typing to you now while listening to United Airlines’ on speaker phone. It’s all good, though. At least we’re safe!
In the mean time, I’m going to hand it over to my kind, genuine, and beautiful friend Lisa. She blogs over at Lisa Lately (which I’m sure you already know) and is always whipping up such creative and delicious recipes using simple ingredients. This one look TO DIE FOR! I can’t wait to arrive home and make it. My kinda gal!
Hey For The Love Of Kale readers!
I am so incredibly honoured to be posting for my great friend Heather! Not only have we met, but we are great friends as well. She is an amazing person inside and out and I have learned so much valuable information from her. I’m so grateful we’ve got to know each other and can honestly say she is a blessing in my life.
Anyways…let’s get to the dessert!
I’m Lisa and I blog over at Lisa Lately.
I have a huge passion for eating nourishing foods that best benefit our bodies and souls. My belief is that the food we eat plays a large part in the way we think as well. If we eat lots of junk food, we will feel like junk and that, in turn, can make us feel not so good about ourselves. Of course, splurging once in a while is encouraged to maintain our happiness, sanity and social lives!
I love blogging about nutrition, fitness favorites, as well as the importance of balance and eating enough food for our health. Fueling our bodies with good nutrition and positive thinking is so important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
I’m very excited to be sharing my simple pumpkin fudge recipe for this #plantPOWER challenge. This recipe is super easy and, even though it’s a dessert, it is still incredibly healthy! And let’s be honest, who isn’t in love with pumpkin this season?
First, let’s grab the ingredients.
Pumpkin Freezer Fudge
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tablespoons protein powder* (I used sun warrior, vanilla)
- 1/4 teaspoon each of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
- a pinch of salt (to bring out the sweetness)
- liquid stevia drops (to preferred taste) or other sweetener of choice
- Melt the coconut oil and make sure to allow the oil to cool a bit, add in the almond butter and stir until well combined.
- Add in your pumpkin and protein powder. Make sure everything is combined for a smooth texture.
- When that is mixed together, add the remaining ingredients.
- Line an 8×8 tray (or anything that you can fit your fudge into) with saran wrap, and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- After 3 hours you can cut them to your desired size and freeze them individually in saran wrap to snack on for later.
*Note: You could exclude the protein powder and sub in cocoa powder; I use protein powder since I suffer from migraines and can’t eat
These are incredibly delicious. The pumpkin flavour is perfect for the Fall time and taste incredibly creamy and fudge-y.
Hope you enjoy!
And thank you to Heather and Kasey for putting together this amazing #plantPOWER challenge! Even when eating a plant based diet, it’s not all about salads and green stuff, you can eat and make fun desserts as well!
Come visit my blog for more recipes and fitness fun!