We are THREE days away from our second #plantPOWER challenge! Can you believe it? Kasey and I are so excited to be doing this challenge with you again. We’ve been working non-stop since the last one ended to make this even more fun and arm you with awesome recipes, giveaways, and amazing companies! We’re ready. Are you?!
NOTE: I’ve changed my social media handles! From now on, tag me at “@heatherwaxman“. I know the above graphic says “@theloveofkale,” but we’ll be changing that in the next couple of days.
Back to the food! We’ve created a stellar grocery list and broke it down for you according to macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates, and fats). It is full of amazing foods that will make you feel good from the inside out! We can get everything we need from plant-based foods. Eating more plants means easier digestion, which gives you more energy and a distinct glow that others will want a piece of. This challenge is all about treating your body with plant-based TLC as you see fit. We never require you to do anything, but we absolutely would love it if you challenged yourself to one full month of plantPOWERed eating!
There are so many beans out there to choose from! Black beans, garbanzo beans, white beans, cannelini beans, and kidney beans to name a few. Unless we’re doing some intense lifting like Kasey does, we really don’t need as much protein as one might think. All we need is about 10 percent of our daily intake. Yes! Julienana Hever, the rockin’ plant-based dietitian who is joining us for #plantPOWER, goes into more detail about that here. I highly suggest checking her out if you’re not totally familiar with plant-based eating. She is a wealth of knowledge in plant-based nutrition!
Carbs! Another one of our macronutrient buddies. Carbs are our primary source of fuel, so eat ‘em up!
Kasey and I love to rock the motto “Don’t fear the fat!” If you’re one of those people who is weary of increasing their fat intake for fear of it making them blow up like a balloon, we’re here to challenge you for the entire month of February to include a serving of fat at each of your meals! Proper serving sizes are roughly 1/3 – 1/2 an avocado, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, 1/4 cup nuts, 3 Tbsp hemp seeds, and 2 Tbsp hummus. Pick three and work ‘em into your meals every day! You will notice a huge difference in your energy levels and the quality of your hair, skin, and nails. You’ll also notice that your cognitive function (ability to focus) will increase. It’s just the miracle of fats, baby!
Now that we’ve tackled the grocery list, you can give our first #plantPOWER video another watch!
We know that you probably have a bunch of questions going through your head too. Fear not – we’ve got you covered!
Your FAQs Answered
- What does a plant-based diet consist of? A plant-based diet is one that is rich in vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds and free of meat, dairy (including eggs), and (sometimes) honey. If you’re a little lost on where to get started, you can always visit the recipage for easy, healthy, and energizing meals!
- Do I have to go 100% plant-based for the entire month? NOPE! You do not have to adopt a 100% plant-based diet. The only meal(s), mini meals, and snacks that we ask to be plant-based are the ones that go along with each daily challenge. Do what’s best for you. Channel your #jadorelavie mindset and roll with whatever works for you.
- What do I post with my #plantPOWER meals a day? Post your images with the hashtag #plantPOWER and our twitter handles: @heatherwaxman and @Powercakes. Please use the #FitFluential hashtag too!
- How else can I get involved? We want YOU to be a part of this! Feel free to email me (email@example.com) or Kasey (firstname.lastname@example.org) any plant-based recipes that you’ve created and we would love to feature them on our blogs throughout the challenge!
- How can I win giveaways? Participate! Share the #plantPOWER love as much as you can and you’re automatically entered to win. The more you share, the more likely you are to win! The main goal of #plantPOWER is not to get anything. The main goal is to give and share our knowledge, meals / snacks, and remember that we want to live a life fueled by food that helps us live out our purpose.
- Anything else? HAVE FUN! This is not a weight loss challenge or a competition. It’s just an outlet for all of us to connect and share the plant-based love together. LET’S DO IT!
So, ARE YOU PUMPED?! We have so many recipes, giveaways, and FUN in store for you. Stay #plantPOWERed and…