Today is an awesome day. Well, every day is awesome but today is super awesome. Kasey is coming to town! In just two hours, I’ll be heading to the airport to pick up my #plantPOWER partner in crime. We have been squealing with delight for weeks now. It’s hard to believe the day has finally come. Make sure to check our Instagram accounts for behind-the-scenes looks at our shenanigans!
Now, onto “T” day highlights!
Susan (@wilddose) made bruschetta pizza, topped with tomatoes! Drool much?
Raw bruschetta pizza with zucchini as the crust, homemade sauce, low fat cashew-cauli cheeze spread, and arugula, topped with chopped tomatoes, red bell peppers, cilantro, green onions, and fresh lemon juice ❤ Fresh and simple and 100% clean, vegan, raw!
Kristin (@kristinmcm26) created #plantPOWER truffles! Oh yes.
T is for Truffles! 1.) Mix together 1/3 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder, 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/4 cup blended until smooth chick peas, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips. 2.) Drop 1 Tbsp of mixture into bowl of ground almonds, roll until ball is covered 3.) Refrigerate for about 1 hour and enjoy! Makes about 6-8 balls depending on how big you make them!
Incredible job, ladies! Thanks so much for sharing your recipes with us.
U is for…Ultimate Carrot-Pumpkin Chili!
Today, we have a new, ultimate chili recipe on-tap from Lucie, author of Fit Swiss Chick!
Here’s what she had to say about #plantPOWER:
I missed the last [#plantPOWER challengeone but got an idea of the tweets I saw around how fun it is. Since I am a Swiss blogger located in far away Zurich, it is so much fun to get connected with all kind of people through such a challenge. Besides that, I am in love with veggies and fruits and can’t get enough of new ideas/recipes! The challenge also motivates me to have the healthy stuff as much as possible and share it with others. The perfect side effect? Your awesome giveaways!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 medium chopped zucchini
- 1/ can red kidney beans (optional)
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- Grated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chili powder – amount depends on your ‘hot’ taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of tabasco sauce
- Roast pumpkin and carrots in a preheated 350 oven for 15-20 minutes (carrots) and 30-40 minutes (pumpkin) until tender (take the fork-test).
- While the pumpkin and carrots are roasting, melt coconut oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Roast onion in the oil. When onion gets a little brown, add zucchini and stir/steam until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove carrots and pumpkin from oven and add to the pot.
- Stir and simmer until they have well combined to a nice chili.
P.S. – Make sure you check out Kasey’s new recipe for Upside Down Banana Loaf!
P.P.S. – Don’t forget you have a few more days to enter the GIVEAWAYS!
- Almond Breeze giveaway
- Brad’s Raw Foods giveaway
- Nutrex Spirulina giveaway
- BAMR Bands giveaway
- Julieanna Hever giveaway
- Mary’s Gone Crackers
- NRG Matrix Giveaway
- Real Food Barre Giveaway
- Shakeology Giveaway
You have until February 26 at 5:00 p.m. EST to enter ALL giveaways! GOOD LUCK!!