Sexy: highly appealing or interesting.
We are all highly appealing and interesting. That means we’re all sexy. HOLLA!
For me, this year is all about connecting with myself on a deeper level, welcoming the things that serve me, and getting rid of the stuff that doesn’t serve me. It’s not about restriction; it’s about embracing the things that make me thrive … the things that make me feel sexy. I have a sexy in my skin update for you! I’m on day seven of my goal to continue my reduced (read: not omitted!) intake of gluten and added salt. I feel so amazing, guys. Absolutely no blood sugar spikes and energy slumps. I’ve also noticed increased concentration and creativity. I do not feel deprived. I feel alive and content! Sexy city.
Speaking of sexy…
Salads rock my world. I enjoy one almost every day for lunch and sometimes have another for dinner. The reason I love them so much is because they’re so easy to make and the combination of ingredients you can use is literally endless. They make me feel energized, which makes me feel incredibly sexy in my skin. Salads make sticking to that 2013 goal much easier! A slew of my girls are onboard the daily salad train:
- Lori and Michelle, the healthy dessert queens, love their warm salads.
- Kasey, my #plantPOWER partner and soul sister Kasey is all about ‘em with her amazing #plantPOWER bowls.
- Cait, my best blend (BB), counts time-saving an essential component to making a sensational salad.
- Meg, ever-so-inspirational, has a kick-ass list of salad recipes. The TLT salad she created for me this past summer is incredible!
From a health standpoint, it covers all of your macro-nutrient bases (carbs, protein, and fat). From a taste standpoint, it covers all of your texture bases (crunchy, creamy, soft, and chewy). From a flavor standpoint, it is just an explosion of delicious plant-based, alkalizing goodness in your mouth. What could be sexier than that?
Sexy Salad of the Moment
- 2-3 large handfuls of kale
- 4 baby carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 forkfuls of sauerkraut
- 4 kalamata olives, sliced in halves
- 2 Tbsp. hummus of your choice
- 3 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1-2 tsp. coconut aminos
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Stir until all veggies have a beautiful coat of sexy, creamy goodness.
- Enjoy every bite slowly – chew with passion, baby!
I know this is just a simple salad but it really is so delicious! I love to serve it with a roasted jewel or garnet yam wedges for a complete meal. Make it, love it, and nourish that beautiful body of yours! For all my Tone It Up girls, this is a perfect “lean clean, and green” meal option for the Love Your Body challenge.
If you are participating in the May Cause Miracles book club starting next Tuesday, January 15, subscribe to the newsletter! I’ll be sending out periodic bonus newsletters to help us get more connected and navigate our way through the book. You don’t want to miss out on the amazing shifts that are going to happen! Even if you’re not reading, you can subscribe to get inspiring quotes, lessons, and tips! Thank
Stay lovely (and sexy!),